Services - Victoria

These links are a good start, if you are after further information. Some of these services will refer you to other services and websites – be sure to persist until you find what you are after.


Child Protection Victoria,-families-and-young-people/child-protection
Metropolitan Regions: Eastern 1300 360 391, Southern 1300 655 795,
Northern & Western 1300 369 536
Rural Regions: Barwon South Western 1800 075 599, Gippsland 1800 020
202, Grampians 1800 000 551, Hume 1800 650 227, Loddon Mallee 1800
675 598, After Hours Child Protection Emergency Service - 13 1278

For more general information, as a starting point you could try:

Kids Helpline

Phone: 1800 55 1800
If you need someone to talk to, you can call the Kids Helpline. You can call the Kids Helpline for free any time, any day to talk about any problems or issues you have. The Kids Helpline is confidential which means that anything you talk about will be kept private. (Kids Helpline).

Victorian Youth Services

Youth Central

Youthcentral is the Victorian Government's web-based initiative for young people aged 12-25. It includes a page on Health and Relationships -

Alcohol and drug issues

Youth Substance Abuse Service

Phone: (03) 9415 8881
The Youth Substance Abuse Service (YSAS) works with young people (aged 12 to 21 years) who have alcohol and drug problems. This service helps young people stop their alcohol and drug use by providing medical care and rehabilitation. YSAS also has "a range of services for young people aged 12-21 who are experiencing significant problems related to their alcohol and/or drug use". (YSAS).

Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre

Phone: (03) 8413 8413
Counselling and information line: 1800 888 236 (24 hours, 7 days)

Legal Advice


Phone: (03) 9611 2412
Youthlaw provides "free and confidential legal advice to young people up to the age of 23". Youthlaw can give you information about the laws on alcohol and drug use, sex, working, and driving, as well as advice about dealing with police and going to court. (Youthlaw).

If you want advice from a legal centre in your area, contact the Federation of Community Legal Centres:

Phone: (03) 9652 1500

Victoria Legal Aid

Phone: (03) 9269 0234 - 1800 677 402 (country callers)
Victoria Legal Aid helps people with their legal problems by giving them free information and advice. Also, if you are going to court and do not have a lawyer, Victoria Legal Aid can provide you with a lawyer. (Vic. Legal Aid).


No to Violence

Phone: (03) 9428 3536
No To Violence works toward preventing family violence. This organisation has information for men wanting to change their violent behaviour. If you or someone you know wants advice and information about services that can help men with their violence, you can contact Victoria's male family violence prevention association No To Violence. (NTV).

Men's Referral Service

Phone: (03) 9428 2899 - 1800 065 973 (Freecall within Victoria)
The Men's Referral Service is run by men for men who have problems with anger and violence. If you know a man who has problems with anger and violence, he can call this service to get counselling and information about programs that can help. The Men's Referral Service has programs for men that can help them change their behaviour and the way they act toward others. (MRS).


Phone: 1300 78 99 78
Mensline is a 24 hour, 7 days a week service that provides counselling for men. Mensline provides telephone support and counselling for issues such as divorce, parenting or work issues. If you know a man who needs someone to talk to about a problem, they can call Mensline. (Mensline).

White Ribbon

The White Ribbon Foundation of Australia aims to eliminate violence against women by promoting culture-change around the issue. The major strategies to achieve this are a national media campaign as well as education & male leadership programs aimed at men and boys around Australia. (WRD).

XY Online

XY is a website focused on men, masculinities, and gender politics. XY is a space for the exploration of issues of gender and sexuality, the daily issues of men's and women's lives, and practical discussion of personal and social change. (XY).


Crisis Support

Centres Against Sexual Assault

Centres Against Sexual Assault (CASA) are free 24 hour, 7 days a week services. If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, you can call CASA to get counselling and information about what to do next, any health worries you have, and where to find a safe place to stay. CASA Centres are located all around Victoria, so be sure to ask about your local agency by making contact below. (CASA).

Centres: Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA) House
Counselling and Support Line: (03) 9635 3610

Domestic Violence Outreach Services

Domestic Violence Outreach Services help women and children who are experiencing or trying to escape family violence. These services give women information about places where they can stay and other support services that can help them such as where to go to get advice about legal problems and where to get counselling. (DVRCV).

Metropolitan Domestic Violence Outreach Services:
Eastern Metro Region: Ringwood Ph. 9259-4200
Northern Metro Region: Ph.9458-5788 (10am-4pm Mon-Fri)
Southern region: St Kilda or Moorabbin Ph. 9536-7777
South Eastern Region: Frankston Ph. 9781-4658
Cranbourne Ph. 5990 6789 Springvale Ph. 9791-6111
Dandenong Ph. 9791-6111 Narre Warren Ph. 9703-0044
Western Region: Ph. 9689-9588

Rural / Regional Domestic Violence Outreach Services (Victoria)
Barwon South West Region:
Geelong Ph. 5224-2903
Warrnambool Ph. 5561-1934
Hamilton Ph. 5571-1778 (Tues & Thurs)
Terang Ph. 5592-1172
Camperdown Ph. 5593-1370 (Wed)
Portland Ph. 5521 7937 (Mon & Wed)
Casterton Ph. 5581-2109

Gippsland region:
Bairnsdale Ph. 5152-1863
Leongatha Ph. 5562-4502 (freecall 1800 221 200)
Warragul Ph. 5622-7000
Morwell Ph. 5120-2000

Grampians region:
Horsham Ph. 5362-1200
Ballarat Ph. 5333-3666
Stawell Ph.5358-7400
Ararat Ph.5352-6200

Hume region:
Shepparton Ph.5823-3200
Broadford Ph.5721-8277
Wodonga Ph. (02) 6022-8888
Loddon Mallee region:
Mildura Ph.5021-2130
Bendigo Ph.5443-4945
Swan Hill Ph.5033-1899

Women's Domestic Crisis Service of Victoria

Phone: (03) 9322 3555 (24 hours) - 1800 015 188 (country toll free)
If you or someone you know is trying to escape violence, you can call the Women's Domestic Crisis Service of Victoria 24 hours, 7 days a week to get support and information about where to go to get safe accommodation/housing.(WDVCS).

Mercy Care

Mercy Care is "a 24 hour safe house and children's program providing accommodation and support for women and their children who have experienced family violence."(Mercy Care)

InTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence

Phone: (03) 8413 6800
The Immigrant Women's Domestic Violence Service gives information and support to women who are from different cultures and speak languages other than English. For women who are in a violent situation, this service can help women draw up a safety plan, provide counselling, and give them information of other services where they can get help. (InTouch).


Women’s Information Referral Exchange (WIRE)

Phone Support: 1300 134 130 (9am-5pm)
The Women’s Information Referral Exchange (WIRE) gives information to women (by telephone and online) about issues such as domestic violence, abuse and sexual assault. WIRE also gives women information about other support services that may help them. (WIRE).

Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV)

Phone: (03) 9486 9866 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV) provides both information on family violence and support to victims of family violence. If you want some more information on family violence, you can get online information or booklets or pamphlets from DVRCV. Or, if you or someone you know is a victim of family violence, you can contact DVRCV to get information about what to do and where to go next. (DVRCV).

Domestic Violence Victoria

Phone: (03) 9921 0828
If you want to find out more about domestic and family violence, you can contact Domestic Violence Victoria who can give you information. Also, if you are looking for domestic violence centres or services in Victoria, Domestic Violence Victoria can give you a list of these. (DVVic).